Saturday, June 26, 2010
* 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 1 (10 ounce) package regular marshmallows
* 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal or Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
* Canned frosting or decorating gel
* Assorted sprinkles
* 12 wooden ice cream sticks (optional)
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. While warm decorate with alternating rows of red, white and blue sprinkles. Cool slightly. Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut into star shapes. Insert wooden stick into each, if desired. Best if served the same day.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
* 2 tablespoons 50% less fat feta cheese
* 1 pint low-fat plain yogurt or low-fat plain Greek yogurt
* 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
* 1/8 teaspoon lemon peel
* 1/8 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
* 1 Morningstar Farms® Grillers® Original
* 1 whole wheat or multi-grain hamburger bun
* 2 thin slices cucumber
* 1 thin slice red onion
* 1 1/2 teaspoons black olives
1. In a small bowl stir together feta cheese, yogurt, parsley, lemon peel and garlic. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
2. Cook veggie burger according to package directions. Serve veggie burger on bun topped with yogurt mixture, cucumber, onion and olives.
Monday, June 14, 2010
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 4 ounces feta cheese
* 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
* 2 pounds ground turkey
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
2. While the grill is preheating, mix together eggs, garlic, feta cheese, spinach, and turkey in a large bowl until well combined; form into 8 patties.
3. Cook on preheated grill until no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 cups white sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 eggs, lightly beaten
* 3/4 cup milk
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 cup melted butter, cooled
* 2 bananas, mashed
* 1 banana, chopped
* 1 cup granola
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
* 1 cup shredded coconut
* 1/4 cup banana chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix in the eggs, milk, vanilla, and butter. Fold in mashed bananas, chopped banana, granola, walnuts, and coconut. Scoop into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with banana chips.
3. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1/2 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
* 1 egg
* 1 (26 ounce) jar Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
* 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
1. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs and egg in medium bowl; shape into 12 meatballs.
2. Bring pasta sauce to a boil over medium-high heat in 3-quart saucepan. Gently stir in uncooked meatballs.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until meatballs are done. Serve over hot spaghetti and garnish, if desired, with grated Parmesan cheese.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
* 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick
* 1/2 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
* 1 (5 ounce) package mixed baby salad greens
* 1 medium red or green pear, cored, cut into wedges
* 1/4 cup dried cranberries
* 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
* 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
* Honey Mustard Dressing:
* 1/2 cup prepared honey mustard
* 2 tablespoons water
* 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
* 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
* 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Season beef steaks with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile whisk Honey Mustard Dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Set aside. Divide greens evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with pear wedges and dried cranberries.
3. Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt as desired. Divide steak slices evenly over salads. Top each salad evenly with dressing, pecans and goat cheese, if desired.
Monday, June 7, 2010
* 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
* 2 tablespoons garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 1 tablespoon onion powder
* 1 tablespoon dried thyme
* 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
* 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the paprika, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, thyme, cayenne pepper, and ground black pepper. Set aside about 3 tablespoons of this seasoning mixture for the chicken; store the remainder in an airtight container for later use (for seasoning fish, meats, or vegetables).
2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Rub some of the reserved 3 tablespoons of seasoning onto both sides of the chicken breasts.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken on the grill, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.