Saturday, June 26, 2010
Fourth of July Cut-Outs
* 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 1 (10 ounce) package regular marshmallows
* 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal or Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
* Canned frosting or decorating gel
* Assorted sprinkles
* 12 wooden ice cream sticks (optional)
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. While warm decorate with alternating rows of red, white and blue sprinkles. Cool slightly. Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut into star shapes. Insert wooden stick into each, if desired. Best if served the same day.