Sunday, June 6, 2010
Urban Legend Chocolate Chip Cookies
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
* 4 ounces milk chocolate, grated
* 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Measure oats into a blender or food processor, and then blend to a fine powder. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, oats, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir dry ingredients into creamed butter and sugar. Add chocolate chips, grated chocolate, and nuts.
3. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven.