Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Tenderloin, Cranberry and Pear Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
* 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick
* 1/2 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
* 1 (5 ounce) package mixed baby salad greens
* 1 medium red or green pear, cored, cut into wedges
* 1/4 cup dried cranberries
* 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
* 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
* Honey Mustard Dressing:
* 1/2 cup prepared honey mustard
* 2 tablespoons water
* 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
* 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
* 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Season beef steaks with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile whisk Honey Mustard Dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Set aside. Divide greens evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with pear wedges and dried cranberries.
3. Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt as desired. Divide steak slices evenly over salads. Top each salad evenly with dressing, pecans and goat cheese, if desired.