Saturday, June 5, 2010
Chicken Fried Chicken
* 30 saltine crackers
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons dry potato flakes
* 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 egg
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1. Place crackers in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and crush crackers until they are coarse crumbs. Add flour, potato flakes, seasoned salt, and pepper to bag and mix well.
2. Beat egg in a shallow dish or bowl; heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
3. One by one, dredge chicken pieces in egg beat, then place in bag with crumb mixture, seal bag and shake to coat.
4. Reduce heat to medium and cook coated chicken in skillet for 15 to 20 minutes, turning frequently, until golden brown and juices run clear.